Grace Hecht was appointed as a Bullhead City Council member in 2021; she was elected to a
two-year term in 2022. She is the first Bullhead City Council member born and raised in
Bullhead City. She attended school and graduated from Mohave High School in 2000. She
traveled to over forty countries doing humanitarian aid work and opening English schools. Her
family has been serving our country since the Revolutionary War, and she is a proud member of
the Daughters of the American Revolution. She is a graduate of Mohave Community College
with an AA in Liberal Arts and a graduate of Calvary Chapel Bible College with an AA in
Biblical Studies. She will graduate in 2024 with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from
Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ.
- Councilmember Hecht is Currently serving on the Executive Board of the Western Arizona Council of Governments (WACOG) (She will have two years on this board at the time of the 2024 election and plans to remain on the board)
- Currently serving as the President of the Bullhead City Morning Kiwanis Club. (member of Kiwanis for two years)
- Founder and Current President of Make Bullhead Better Inc. a 501 c 3 Non-Profit (four years)
- Monthly Community Clean Ups
- Bullhead City Moms Group (2,000 local moms)
- Monthly Free Community Food Distributions
- Senior Citizen Assistance Program
- Family Fun Community Events
- Two years of experience serving on the Bullhead Area Transit Commission (2019-2021)
- Two years of experience serving on the Colorado River Women’s Council Board. (2020-2023)
- Westcare Arizona (Domestic Violence Shelter, Childrens Shelter, Abstinence Education)
- Bullhead City Government (Media, Parks and Recreation)
- Mohave Accelerated Learning Center (Health Attendant, Spanish Instructor, 21 Century Grant Afterschool Program Director)
- Bullhead City Elementary School District (Substitute Teacher)
- Mohave County (Tobacco Prevention Education Specialist)
- Small Business Owner – Elite Cleaning – (15 Employees, Commercial, Residential Cleaning Business serving the Tri-State area) She sold her company for profit in 2018.
She currently is a private contractor and does Media/Marketing and Community Engagement for Tri-State Community Healthcare, Tri-State Pain and Tri-State Radiology.
She is married to Lee Hecht, a chemist and small business owner of Mohave Environmental Labs in business in Bullhead City for over 25 years. She is the mother of three; (her son passed away at 22 months old), a 5-year-old daughter who is a Kindergartner, and a spunky 3-year-old daughter who is in pre-school.
Her interests include spending time with her family, building community engagements addressing public health and poverty, exercise, travel, and art.
- 2023 Citizen of the Year for the Laughlin/Bullhead Community Achievement Awards
- 2021 First Things First Champion for Young Children Award for the La Paz/Mohave Region
- 2021Communications Nominee for the Laughlin/Bullhead Community Achievement Awards
- 2020 Humanitarian of the Year nominee for the Bullhead/Laughlin Community Achievement Award